Term 4 Written Language
WALT write a character description of a person we know very well.
We know we have achieved this when we …
- have written about the person’s physical appearance (the way they look).
- have written about the person’s behaviour (how they speak or act).
- have written about how they affect other people (what do they do to make you notice them).
- have written about the person’s environment and belongings.
- used descriptive words to make a picture in the mind of the reader
My Granny by Luke Stratford
My Granny has white curly hair. She likes to read me fairy tales. She really loves her goldfish. She also likes diamonds and crystals. She wears sparkly purple glasses. In her garden she has a vegetable patch. In her vegetable garden she has strawberries, lettuces, carrots and tomatoes.
You have begun a good description and used some describing words and similes but need to tell a little more about what your granny looks like to get a picture in the reader’s mind.
1. Add more details to show what your Granny looks like. How tall is she? You could use a simile to show this.
2. Check the WALT criteria to see if you have included all you need in your writing.